When you have been dealing with chronic foot pain or referred pain in the knees, hips, or back due to foot problems, you sometimes start to feel hopeless. Specialists may recommend surgeries or lengthy therapy regimes but offer little hope of an immediate solution to your pain. Since few people are eager to opt for surgery, the question “Do custom orthotics really work?” is one worth asking. Custom orthotics are in fact, a fast and reliable solution that can offer significant relief!
What Do Custom Orthotics Help?
- Pain Relief from foot, ankle, knee, hip, and back pain. If a structural or functional problem is causing the pain, orthotics can help by adding cushioning, reducing pressure in the painful areas, and properly aligning the foot’s position. Some sources of pain include plantar fasciitis, arthritis, bunions, hammertoes, calluses, corns, high arches, flat feet, Achilles tendon issues, metatarsal issues, high arches, and Morton’s Neuroma.
- Prevent Injuries: The more you use your feet, the greater your likelihood of injuries. Orthotics can help correct your foot’s function, lowering your risk of injury. This is particularly true for those who are on their feet for extended periods of time or for athletes who are training. Orthotics can provide stability, which helps prevent sprains, strains, and tears. They can also help with overpronation and supination, reducing your risk of fractures, sprains, and overuse injuries.
- Provide Attractive Support: If you are on your feet all day, you already know how important it is to wear supportive shoes. You probably also know that supportive shoes are often unattractive! Custom orthotics are great because they can fit into almost all existing shoes and even be made to fit into high heels or formal dress shoes.
- Feel More Comfortable: There is a line between discomfort and pain. Many of us feel like tired, achy feet are the norm at the end of the day. When you have the right foot support, you realize that there is no reason to suffer from sore feet at the end of the day or after an intense workout.
- Provide the Right Fit: You might already be using over-the-counter orthotics. However, choosing custom orthotics allows you to use an orthotic that is designed to fit your exact foot and to correct for your particular foot conditions. They will give you better results than any OTC orthotics could ever give you.
So, are custom orthotics worth it? For all of the reasons above, they are worthwhile to a large number of people–to both pain sufferers and athletes alike.
Are There Cheaper Solutions?
Scoping out a bargain is human nature, even when it comes to health. Many people first seek out budget-friendly, over-the-counter insert options without realizing the products are not truly custom, nor are they made from medical-grade materials. At the end of the day, they often don’t serve the purpose they were intended to.
On the other hand, obtaining custom orthotics from a podiatrist provides quality, but can be considered a lengthy process. It often requires office visits that involve obtaining an initial diagnosis, creating a molding, and returning to pick up the final product. As if that weren’t enough, patients often have to battle with insurance companies that often don’t cover the cost of the orthotics. The price alone can range from $500 and up. So are custom made orthotics worth it? It is certain that they help people of all walks of life, but do they have to be so expensive and cumbersome to obtain?
There are a few reasons for this. The majority of the cost associated with custom orthotics is not due to the materials involved, but because of the tailored manufacturing process. Custom orthotics are specifically designed to fit your foot and compensate for your specific foot issues, which can result in immediate and significant pain reduction in your feet, ankles, knees, hips, and back. Orthotics guide your feet, heels, and ankles into the correct alignment, removing the stress that a poor foot structure places on your feet and other body parts.
Custom orthotics are also designed with the lifestyle and body type of the customer in mind. Even if two people have the same structural deformity in their feet, an active or heavier person will put more pressure on their feet than a lighter, less active person. Custom orthotics are meant to help people get back to functioning in their normal daily activities.
Arcus Offers the Best of Both Worlds
At Arcus, we are different. We offer you high-quality, custom molded orthotic inserts that are made from long-lasting medical-grade materials. Our whole process takes about two weeks and costs about half what you’d pay through a doctor’s office. It also requires no insurance or official diagnosis to get started!
So, do custom orthotics really work? Absolutely. And Arcus Custom Orthotics can offer you the specialized solution your feet need without the hassle or expense of traditional custom orthotics. Step back into your active lifestyle with ease!